10 days / 9 nights
Single traveler, Couple, Family
Departing Bangkok by cruising up the Chao Phraya River. Spend three relaxing days on board our comfortable converted rice barge ‘Thanatharee’. Bikes to explore the villages and rural countryside. Continue trip up north for the favor of Chiang Mai and the adventure of elephant ride during the trekking through the northern forest and hilltribe villages.
· Transfers by air-conditioned bus. Open pick up truck will be used during trekking.
· Except while barge cruise and trekking, accommodation is standard class hotels based on 2 persons in twin-bedded room. B/B basis. All rooms are air-conditioned with attached bath and toilet.
· Sleeping facilities in the barge is air-conditioned multi-share accommodation for maximum 12 persons. The two sides are separated by a fabric curtain. One common bathroom and one toilet are located in the main deck. Another one toilet on the upper deck. Clients should bring their own towel and personnel toiletries (towel and soap are provided).
Remark: In a rare case that there are more than 12 joining persons, the sleeping area for additional persons will be at the barge’s common area (on the upper deck, space is available for a maximum of 4 persons). Mosquito nets, pillows and blankets are provided.
· Sleeping kit, consisting of a mat for the floor and a sheet as well as a rucksack, water canteen and lifejacket will be provided during the trekking.
· 2nd class air-conditioned train with berth from Ayudhaya to Chiang Mai, and from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.
· Meals as specified in the program (boiled drinking water provided during trekking)
· Entrance fee where applicable.
· Service of local English-speaking guide during trekking.
· Service of local English-speaking assistance during the cruise
· Bottled drinking water, drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary
· Sleeping bag.
· Tips for guide & drivers.
· Personal expenses.
· Wednesday departure: The above program is swabbed. Day 1-8 of the program is trekking and day 9-10 is barge cruise.
· Itinerary of the barge & trekking portion is only a guideline and is subject to change without prior notice due to tide and local conditions, but the same concept is well maintained.
· Not recommend for child under 7 years old for trekking.
Travel Agents for this tour