CM07: 3Days/2Nights Golden Triangle Adventure
Tour Overview :
Day 1 Visit orchid farm, Chiang Dao Elephant Camp take a ride on the elephants to Lisu hilltribe village. Chiang Dao Caves–overnight on the banks of the Kok River at Riverview Resort.
Day 2 Visit long neck tribe. Mae Salong, an ethnic Chinese then to Mae Sai. Overnight in Chiang Rai.
Day 3 Take a longtail boat down the Mekong River to Chiang Saen with its ancient temples. Visit Wat Phra Kaew, back to Chiang Mai stopping at a local resort to taste some of the best locally grown coffee.
Departure Date :
Tour Inclusion :
Tour is 3 days and 2 nights, Included in price are tour activities as listed including all entrance fees and activities, air-conditioned transportation, driver, fuel, English speaking guide, lunch all 3 days, breakfast day 2 and 3. Also includes 2 nights' accommodation
Terms and Conditions :
Prices are in Thai Baht and tour will be billed in Thai Baht. Full payment required 2 weeks before tour start date
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai
- 08:00am pickup from Chiang Mai hotel and drive north of Chiang Mai.
- Visiting the orchid farm and then drive further north, close to Chiang Dao.
- Stop at the Chiang Dao Elephant Camp and watch the elephants going through their early morning routine.
- Then take a ride on the elephants for 1 1/2 hrs to a Lisu hilltribe village.
- After lunch we visit the Chiang Dao Caves - an ancient complex of temple caves used for worship for many centuries.
- Lastly we continue the journey up to Thaton (on the banks of the Kok River) where we spend the night. Overnight at Thaton Riverview Resort
Date 2 : Chiang Rai - Chiang Rai
- In the morning visit the Padong (long neck tribe). This tribe is famous for the brass rings worn around the womens necks which give the appearance of a long neck.
- Then continue on to Mae Salong, an ethnic Chinese town set in the hills north of Chiang Rai. Mae Salong is famous for its Chinese atmosphere and produces various Chinese agricultural products the most famous being its Chinese tea.
- Drive down from Mae Salong which gives you views across the hills of upper Northern Thailand and visit the border town of Mae Sai. This town is on the border of Thailand and Burma and is the centre for cross border trade in the area. There are markets on both sides of the border.
- We then check into our hotel in Chiang Rai. Relax for the evening in Chiang Rai
Date 3 : Chiang Rai - Chiang Mai
- Early morning there is time to see the Mekong River.
- Then we take a longtail boat down the Mekong River (approx. 1hr) to Chiang Saen. We explore the town of Chiang Saen with its ancient temples.
- In the afternoon drive back to Chiang Rai.
- stop for lunch and visit Wat Phra Kaew.
- Late afternoon we drive back to Chiang Mai; there is the option of stopping at a local resort to taste some of the best locally grown coffee.