Chiang MaiOperating time:
Category : Other nature sites, 村庄&社区
Attraction Details :
According to the Yonok chronicle, Mueang Fang was built in 641 by King Lawa Changkarat. Later King Mengrai the Great reigned Fang before building Wiang Kumkam and Chiang Mai of Lanna Kingdom for one year around 1268. It seems that Mengrai used Mueang Fang for the base to invade Hariphunchai.
In 1910 the Mueang Fang was made a subordinate of Chiang Rai, then named Mueang Fang district. In 1925 it was reassigned to Chiang Mai. 1938 it the word Mueang was cut off from the name, which was then reserved for the capital districts on the provinces.