headline
Lop Buri
About Lop Buri

How to go
-
-
-
Recommended

Phra Narai Ratchaniwet

The palace was built in 1665 and 1677, when King Narai the Great decided to make Lop Buri the second capital of the Ayutthaya Kingdom. Although the buildings were designed by with the contributions of French architects, the Khmer influence was still strong.

Phra Narai Ratchaniwet

Wat Sao Thong Thong

Situated on Rue de France, to the north of Phra Narai Ratchaniwet, this western style viharn was believed to have originally been built by King Narai the Great as a church for Christian envoys. It was subsequently restored by King Narai the Great, who ordered the replacement of Thai windows with Western-style windows with Gothic-designs in the secondary chapel. Later on, the viharn was converted into a Buddhist temple. It contains a large seated Ayutthaya-style Buddha image. In addition, assorted Lop-Buri style Buddha images can be found on the surrounding walls.

Wat Sao Thong Thong

Wichayen House

The Vichayen House was built at the royal command of King Narai the Great. It initially served as a residence of Chevalier de Chaumont, the first French ambassador to Thailand during the reign of King Louis XIV.

Wichayen House
Tags